Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Visiting Baby Kate!


Last week while at my OSPI conference I was paid a visit by my dear friend, Jill, and the infamous baby Kate for a dinner date. Not only did I hold Kate but I also was privileged enough to wheel her around Southcenter while Jill paid a visit to the salon. Let me create the picture...Kate is peacefully asleep with one arm over her head, looking absolutely adorable. Of course, while I'm at the Macy's make up counter she's the hit of all the sales ladies. I just took in the compliments and not until I was just about to leave did I finally relinquish the fact I'm the "auntie". Kate is simply...precious! She now weighs 11 pounds and is doing wonderfully! I also got to spend some needed time with my soul sista especially helpful after I had just fairly impulsively bought a new mini van in Tacoma. My experience with the used car salesman nearly made me sick. But let me tell ya, the best cure for my agony was holding Kate and of course seeing my girl- J! Thanks for making the drive girls!

The new rig, 2001 Toyota Sienna Mini Van!...(and yes Tiff, it still can be the IRONFAN VAN!)

4 comments:

Trish said...

LOVE the new van! Can't wait to ride in it to the lake this summer :) Love you too!

jessithompson said...

Great rig, hon. Sorry you had o deal with the salesman sleeze. Yuck. But all redeemed with a visit from your girl and a little baby Kate time! XOXO

Tiffany said...

I'm thrilled to see that Kate is doing so well! What a blessing. I don't think you ever needed to admit she wasn't yours. I always pretend my god daughter is mine every time we go anywhere. People say, "oh she looks like her mama, doesn't she?" I just smile and say, "she sure does!" I figure I'm not lying, she does look like her mom! ;)

Glad to see IronFan Van #2 made it safely to Spokane. Sorry you had to deal with a lame salesman!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Kim!
I'm so glad that baby Kate is doing so well! She has been on my prayer list ever since I heard about her surgery!

What a blessing!!You are an awesome auntie!
God Bless and Rock on!!! :)
Love Linda