Sunday, October 19, 2008

Off to the Pumpkin Patch



On Friday Joey's preschool class went to Greenbluff. Tom was on duty for chaperone as I was in California this past week for a PowerSchool Conference.

You may recall that at our earlier visit to Greenbluff Joey really wanted a huge pumpkin. I quickly responded with, "you'll have to wait for your dad". So as the field trip date approached Joey decided to "map" out what his pumpkin would look like. He took a butcher size piece of paper for this task...

On the field trip day I tried to prep Tom as to the size of the "free" pumpkin received on the field trip. During one of the rotating centers Joey quickly eyed where the big pumpkins could be located. As Joey stated, "First I got the little pumpkin, then I got the big pumpkin." And the big pumpkin he did choose, weighing in at 36 pounds, almost too heavy for him to really lift...I show you the PUMPKIN!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOL! Too cute! Jo-Jo sure knows how to pick 'em!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Oh my gosh I love this post and the huge grin on his face!!!I love that he didn't give up on his "dream pumpkin!!" What a cutie!
Loves and hugs!
Linda

LORIE said...

hahaha. I have 3 boys so I totally get the "big pumpkin" thing. Love it! The picture is darling.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joey! It looks like you got the biggest one in the patch. It's a beauty!
Leni

jessithompson said...

I LOVE IT!!! Atta boy, Joe!