Sunday, June 1, 2008

Seattle Fun!


Last week I attended the last of my OSPI tech standard workshops...until Fall that is. Our progress has definitely improved as I feel like we have a rough document to now gather feedback on from other educators.

Joey was able to fly over with me late Wednesday and he stayed with my dear friend, Jill and her two sweet kiddos. I attended my OSPI function all day on Thursday and Friday while Joey got in some good play time in with Will. They even snuck a visit into the zoo. Jill took Kate, Will and Joe. I best get her Starbucks gift card in the mail! On Friday night Jill and I took the kids to a local restaurant just a block from Jill's. She and I made the "bad" choice of ordering fish and chips. Who can resist this meal really when you're in Seattle? However, the grease and fat factor did not agree with either of us. Best make note to self on that one! Is this part of getting older?

Saturday we walked to U-village for lattes and lunch and finished up the day with making our own pizzas. It was so nice to see Jill and hold the precious...KATE! She was not feeling her best this visit so I had to hold her A LOT. It was rough. :-) Jill and I made a small dent in catching up on parenting, marriage, work and the good ole' times. I'm already anxious for her next visit to Spokane, which we think may be the last weekend of June, as Jill and I want to throw a huge PURSE Party liquidation sale on Monday, July 14th...so mark your calendar ladies!!
Joey adores Kate also...he made sure to tell Auntie Jill he'd take good care of her.

Meanwhile, back in Spokane....Jill's husband, Sean, drove over to Spokane for the weekend and stayed with Tom. It's very similar to a spouse swap I guess. They filled their time with hunting, boy bonding and a little bit of beverage consumption. It is such a dream to have hubbies that can hang out just as much as Jill and I do. THANK YOU Cunningham's for a fun weekend all around!

7 comments:

Trish said...

Sounds like a wonderful mix of work and play! I am so glad that you and Joey enjoyed your time away! Kate is looking adorable and she is getting big! Miss you friend :)

Anonymous said...

So impressed in getting these on your blog so fast. Nice work! Loved your visit and adore you and Joey!!
xoxoxo

jessithompson said...

What a wonderful mix of work and play! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Kim!
I LOVE to hear about your Seattle adventures as I grew up there and it provides a bit of nostalgia! :) I LOVE University Village...fun shopping and eating spot!

Cute pictures of your adventure! I continue to hold Kate in my prayers! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!! Made my day!

God Bless!
Love Linda
PS...on your comment "Does this happen (with greasy food) as we get older?"...sadly ...yes. But that is also a gift because it keeps us older folks eatin' healthy!:)

Tiffany said...

What a blast! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Jill and her adorable kiddos as well as get some work done! And how fun to be able to take Joey with you! I also love that your hubbies were hanging out at the same time! What a great arrangement!

colleen said...

Hi Kim!
so fun to find your blog and see what you've been up to! I just started one a few weeks ago and it really is pretty fun....
Will we see you at the lake this summer???
colleen flanigan

Joey Veltkamp said...

KIMMY! next time you're in town, we'll go to Pike Street Fish Fry -- yum. A light tempura over the freshest fish. :)

wait - you know colleen too?

how fun. this small world.