Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Campin' We Did GO!



Thursday night Joey and I joined Grandma and Grandpa for an adventure in the motor home. We traveled to the Kettle Falls campground on Lake Roosevelt. Now as I type and have freshly showered, I can say it was a fun time indeed. Especially the part that I'll be in my own bed tonight!

Some of the memories we loved...catching three fish, jumping off the boat into the cold water, playing at the beaches, climbing the clay hillside, putting worms on momma's tummy-yuck! We also could be found roasting marsh mellows, a few bike rides, a walk through the woods to the playground, playing with neighbor friend, Brandon, the cute pups at the camp hosts' spot, and eating great food. The sun was hot and luckily the nights were somewhat cool!

We were also around many fishermen because this past weekend was the Walleye fishing tourney. Did I mention they get up at 5am and then must plug their boats into generators once fishing is done to recharge their batteries? Luckily they were charged and turned off just before I went postal. I learned quite a few things about a fishing tournament, which was cool. For example, there's a winner each day for the most weight--they get to put in 6 fish. And there's an overall winner. They do not get to all race off at the start, instead they must go one at a time by the number they drew. Then the following day the numbers are reversed. All fish must be alive when weighed in and then they are released. Pretty interesting huh? Even more impressive is that these gentleman all 216 (2 per boat) were out from 6am to 3pm in these HOT weather!

A huge thank you to mom and dad for a great time. It is always nice to get away from the normal chores at home for sure. I just wish there was a magic trick for the unpacking!

4 comments:

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Kim!
I LOVE this post...the essence of summer! What a wonderful picture of Grandpa and Joey and you with the worm on your tummy! Love Joey's expression!!!

I had to smile when I read this because when I was little I did lots of fishing with my Dad. We were always up VERY early!!:)

We had quite a summery weekend too...Hoopfest! Our son-in-law Ryan (Amy's husband) was playing on a team, as was our grandson Zac. Bert and I took care of the littlest two during the weekend... Jacob (who was sick) and his sister, baby Jenna. It was super hot in Spokane (too hot for a baby) so on Sunday we went to the lake to cool down and have some water time! There's nothing like grandparent-grandkid time!!!

Fun summer memories!
Blessings to you!
Love Linda

Trish said...

I am so happy that you treated yourself and Joey to a well-deserved trip out of town! It sounds like you had a wonderful time playing, relaxing, and spending time with your awesome parents! I am so so so happy it is summer and I can't wait to hit the lake with you! Love you sister :)

P.S. Your bikini is ADORABLE!!

Tiffany said...

What a great post! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Thank goodness summer is FINALLY here, huh?

Thanks for all the info on the fishing tourney, I definitely learned a lot! ;)

Love the pic of Joey fishing with gpa...so cute. I also love the one of you with the worms on your stomach! Hilarious not to mention HOT! Look at that bikini bod you've got goin' on!!!

jessithompson said...

Worms on the tummy is totally HOT! Glad you guys had such a good time with Grandma and Grandpa. XOXO J