Friday, August 10, 2007

Tri Bike 102

The saga continues... I graced myself with yet another ride on my new beauty. Drove all the way to Moses Lake for another "Kim" mini-triathlon to help my dear friend, Cindy, with her first upcoming Danskin Triathlon! We started off with a 1/4 mile swim at the Dunes on Moses Lake, then proceeded back to the garage to our set up transition area. (This did include a car ride from water to house.) After quickly switching up our gear I set off first down the driveway. Note: driveway is a newly paved, flat, 10 yard stretch to the road. I proceed to stop at the end of the driveway to let a 5 year old go by first on his bike. The problem with this stop is that one of my shoes has accidentally clicked into the pedal. So I set the right foot down with no problem, as I glance over my shoulder to see if Cindy is on her way. I then go to set the left foot down and I just go down like a pile of bricks. Here's the proof:

I luckily got away with a scraped up a knee and very bruised right elbow. We'll see if I make it on my Medical Lake ride tomorrow or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim! I can't believe you wrecked! You are definitely offical now :) Can't wait to ride with you and have you leave me in your awesome tri-bike dust! XOXO

Tiffany said...

Ouch! Can't say I feel bad though. I now have a chain scar from my first crash and a cut scar from my second! I just try to convince myself that it makes me that much more hard core!!

Kim Herring said...

oh Kim - that's exactly what I did on my first crash - it's definitely a skill learning how to stop without crashing

Congrats!