Saturday, August 11, 2007

Medical Lake Ride


It's a winner! Not only did the ride go well today, I now know how to change a flat tire. Due to no adapter for my air pump, Rhonda and I made a stop at REI on our way out of town. I need to give a complete shout out to Joe, the bike shop guy, he rocks! He showed us how to change a flat, put air in our tires and hooked us up with the on road pump and bike bag attachment. He was a dream! I still could use a new seat and possibly a little adjusting of it as well. So we'll see if I can fit that in before my big race this weekend!
I'm feeling more confident on the new ride, fast, yet not quite as comfy as I'd like to be. Going up hills is sure faster; Rhonda can conclude to that one! Look forward to a few rides this week while we are at Loon Lake with my Montecucco sista's.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your new bike is so beautiful! Good luck at your race this weekend! I wish I could come and cheer you on but I have a bachelorette party. I'll think of you in your race while I'm sitting by the pool with a margarita! ;)

jessithompson said...

Love it... the more time you spend on the new steed the better you'll feel on it. Lookin' good, girl!

Training tip... remember that it takes 7-10 days for a workout to actually benefit you. So take it easy this week, just ride for 20-30 minutes at an easy pace to keep your legs loose!

Jen said...

Hey hot babe! I miss you! Your bike is awesome!! I'll be there this Sunday...cheering you on!
Hey, maybe I'll see you tomrrow!

Jen said...

just a quick note...
I'm not listed under your "favorites" link! :)

Anonymous said...

Yea for you biking buddy! I am so jealous of your new wheels :) Can't wait to see you in action on Sunday...it will be a great race! Love you!