
Well add emergency dentist visit to our list! Joey was watching a movie on the couch with the recliner out. He needed to go pottie so stepped down from the couch but his foot stepped into the area between the recliner and couch which propelled him forward. It happened really fast because as I turned around he had smashed his mouth right into the coffee table and didn't have time to brace himself with his hands. I'll pause so you can create the visual...
Blood everywhere I try to get Joey to the bathroom to ascertain what is wrong. I see blood coming from his two front teeth and they are not quite in the right spot and I see trouble with his lip, it has a pretty gaping slice. So who to call, the dentist, the ER? I call my dad who I have trouble hearing because of the screaming from Joey. Dad says mom is in town so he'll call her and send her over. Meanwhile I call the dentist on call and attempt to leave a message. First one was all screams so called again. The plan was to head to the ER. However before mom arrives dentist calls. He says I need to try to bend the front teeth back to where they are supposed to me. I give a try as Joey hollers like a son of gun. So the dentist says he can be at the office in 15 so we'll meet him there. Mom arrives and we Joey into the car. She holds Joe while I drive. After arriving at the dentist first stop is x-rays to make sure the permanent teeth are okay and that there are no teeth fragments in the lip. Mom holds Joey during the x-rays while I push the button. We are the dentist's assistants! Next we move to the room. Joey gets the gas and of course a movie. Dr. Evans then numbs the upper gum and moves the teeth back . AMAZING! Joey just giggles- so maybe enough gas? He then puts shots into Joey's lip, for the stitches. Joey doesn't like this much but hangs in there. Mom is instructed to rub Joey's leg while I hold down his arms. I then instruct Dr. Evans for the suction and water, I am the assistant you know. After a stitch which I might add was gross Joey is ready. Soft foods for 3 weeks and no swimming for a week. He is on Motrin every 8 hours and we're "force feeding" the popsicles. He is doing great! His lip does look terrible!


Joey is such a trooper, this is him the next day styling his own hair! Fat lip and all!
5 comments:
Poor Jo-Jo! That is the saddest story ever! You are supermom/dentist assistant! I'm happy to hear that he is doing well. Love that last pic of him with his tough hair do and fat lip! :)
Oh my gosh...this brings back so many memories of injuries that my kids had (have):) You were so calm, and cool and now you can add dental assistant to your resume!
Good work Mom! (and grandma and dad) :)
LOVE the picture of Joey's cool hair! He's a trooper and so are you!
Thanks for your recent comment on my blog!
Love Linda
Joe is BAD, in the very toughest sense of that word. What a trooper! I loved hearing his play-by-play of the whole event with a little drool spilling over his lip as it gets in the way a bit. ;)
Way to hang in there super mom... the large quantities of blood are tough ones. Very hard to remain calm.
XOXO
Jo-Jo is TOUGH! I am so impressed with you ability to stay calm, take care of business, and give specific directions to the dentist! This will be a story that we talk about for years to come I think :) Way to go lady!!
So will the dentist discount your bill for your share of the work?! jk. So glad he was available so quickly and that everything turned out so well. How scary. Also, belated happy birthday! We were thinking about you while watching fireworks with Gerry's sister & her family at Hood Canal. See you in August. Take care, Love, Linda
Post a Comment