Last night we had to take someone other than myself to the emergency...JOEY! He and Grandpa were wrestling and Joey was doing a dive WWF move that ended up hitting Grandpa and the edge of the coffee table. We have a glued gash just above the upper lip! Joey was very brave even when the glue was stinging. The experience at Sacred Heart was amazing, very fast and great nurses and doctor. Not however my first pick for a Saturday night at 9pm!
A bit different experience then what I went through last weekend. I too made an appearance at the emergency but it was last Saturday. I was 6weeks pregnant and unfortunately had an ectopic pregnancy. The size of the baby burst my fallopian tube. Needless to say the abdominal and back pain eventually sent me to the ER at about 8:30pm. I can sometimes bit a little stubborn Tom says... when it comes to my pain! I had a similar painful cramping the week before but had thought it was a bladder infection.
A huge thank you to Rhonda for coming and rescuing Joey for me and to my neighbor Jerry for the lift to the ER as Tom was out hunting and had to meet us at the hospital. My care in the ER at Holy Family was great however my after care was a little under par. I had to wait quite a while many times for more pain medicine which I might add is not recommended! My momma flew home from Nevada on Sunday and she has been my angel. Thank goodness Grama is retired! We received beautiful flowers from both our moms and from my office. I've also had a few other angels that have stopped in for a visit, tea delivery, phone calls and meals. A special thank you to Jessi, Becky, Trish, Jen and Kendra. What would we do without friends? It was also nice a having a few friends stop by the hospital even though I didn't feel very good. I also received a chocolately care package from my sista's in Seattle--a little shout out to Vanessa and Jill, thanks ladies! Many phone calls from family and friends have been so comforting and needed. THANK YOU!
Here's a little picture of my wounds. I also had glue like Joey in 3 different incision areas-one being my belly button which I'm quite worried about come bikini time! My tummy is still puffy and very sore but I'm healing both mentally and physically. Thank you all for your prayers, support and warm fuzzies.
It's times like this when I start to feel sad about my loss or how difficult things seem. What joy to be reminded by seeing something as simple as new flowers in my yard and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad and I know I can make it another day.
Thank you God for just a simple reminder that you are always there no matter what!
It's times like this when I start to feel sad about my loss or how difficult things seem. What joy to be reminded by seeing something as simple as new flowers in my yard and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad and I know I can make it another day.
Thank you God for just a simple reminder that you are always there no matter what!

3 comments:
I adore you, sis. My heart is with you... my thoughts and prayers to. I am holding you and Joey up for healing and recovery. I am also holding your heart up for peace, serenity, and strength. I regret that your emotional and physical strength have been tested so much lately through this process. Know that I am always here for you...
You are blessed to have such supportive family and a strong support system with so many people who love you.
You are such a blessing to me Kim! To think, this time last year we were not even friends yet. Now you are so near and dear to my heart :) I talk to you or email you almost every day, and I think I saw you the most out of all of my friends last summer! Work out buddies til the end baby! I am still praying for you and your family. Know that you are loved, appreciated, supported, and cared for! I love you to pieces! XOXO
Hi Kim! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! Yes, I will definitely be saving some for the end of the race and will give it my all in the last LONG straight stretch.
I haven't checked your blog for quite a while and I'm sad to hear about your recent hospital visits. I pray for healing for you and for your cute little Joey. I know that you will be strong through this tough time.
See you at the gym!
Post a Comment