Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Breakfast with Santa...sipping hot cocoa!
Happy Holidays! We are always so excited for the season! This year we will celebrate at home but we’ll miss our visit with Tom’s family for certain! Luckily, our Noni, made a special holiday this last weekend.
I was blessed again this year with keeping my job as the tech chick, it allows my schedule to be a little more flexible and I love the new challenges of learning tech and curriculum! After finding out we were pregnant I decided to sign up to earn my Administrative credentials at WSU, not quite sure on my timing but we’re making it work. I have class each Wednesday night for 2 years! I’m privileged to work with Dr. Cooke as my mentor at Prairie View, which so far has been amazing! My greatest joy is being a mommy and a wife!

Tom still continues to fish in Alaska each summer. He enjoyed having the same crew he has had before this time. We continue to enjoy fresh salmon from the freezer and try to share it with friends when possible! He also is still active with real estate, although it's a bit dry at the moment, let us know if you need to sell your house! :-) Tom's hunting seems to be expanding to more days and weekends each year, if you're a hunter's wife this is no surprise to you, but he absolutely loves it. He added a visit to North Dakota/Montana this year, which I guess is a bird lover's paradise! (Our dog, Tucker, hasn't stopped talking about it!) And as every hunter father would probably love to hear…when visiting Santa this season Joey asked for a shotgun for Christmas! Joey of course assured me he meant a “play gun”!

Joey is 4 and a half. He is the light of our lives, full of energy, energy, energy and ALL boy! This year he has been going to preschool three mornings a week and continues to love it. His teacher is Mrs. Shelley and he keeps us up on everything he hears and learns! He then attends daycare with Grandma Nancy and Papa Glen 3 days, which has been a blessing for our family as well. He loves to be outside golfing, kicking the soccer ball, casting his fishing pole, riding his bike, painting, coloring, and spending time with his grandparents! He is very excited this year about the arrival of his new sister, “baby Katie”…coming February 20th!

We still have high hopes start building one of these days. Tom continues to work with the county and city on hooking up to the sewer. Keep your fingers crossed for us, we have water now! Kudos to Tom for keeping after it! We can't wait to start building our lil' rancher. I think I still like the house plans!

Our year was filled with many blessings and memories. We are looking forward to a wondrous 2009 and thrilled about adding to our family! We are so blessed by the support of our family and friends and appreciate and love each of you. Enjoy the magic of the season!
Merry Christmas and God bless.

Love, Tom, Kim, & Joey

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Merry Christmas to you too, lady! I love that last pic of Joey astounded at the size of the bulb. Priceless!

jessithompson said...

Great idea to post your Christmas card here too. Love all the pics. Can't wait for the adventures of a new baby in the Montecucco household in 2009! Love you tons and tons! XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Kim!
I absolutely LOVE this post and hearing the details of your life!
The photos of your family are precious and I am thrilled to know that your daughter's name is "Katie!" :)

I can't wait to meet her in person as I've been praying for her daily ever since I first heard about her!:)

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday surrounded by those you love and may you know deeply how much God loves you!

God Bless!
Love Linda

Trish said...

Merry Christmas to you and your adorable boys! I love that we have continued to grow closer in 2008, and can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us and that new baby of yours! She is going to be so freakin' cute...I just know it! I love you sister and wish you the best during the holiday season! Let's hang out over break! I need a prego hug :) XOXO

colleen said...

Merry Christmas Kim! You have a beautiful family and I'm so excited for the new addition! Have a blessed holiday.
love, colleen