
Last weekend I was able to sneak away to Seattle to support Rhonda and Laura at the Danskin Triathlon. We had a fabulous trip. Although as you know the weekend trips turn into a whirlwind in no time at all!
Laura and I departed around 1:30pm and found ourselves at the Ritzville Starbucks (priorities!). After we were back on the road our next stop was Ellensburg with a stop at my favorite store, WindRiver. I made a spatula purchase for Tom to be used on the bbq--he loved it. This is also a great restroom stop if you haven't been. It's right behind the 1st gas station at the Canyon Road exit. We also found Rhonda and her family here as well! Back on the road with a stop at the Outlet Mall in Northbend. Here Laura and I had to EAT, so Subway it was, as well as make a jammie purchase at the Gap. We found the outlet mall to be fun but not necessarily a bargain!
I drove the final leg to our hotel, the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue. After arriving we felt a little snacky so went to the hotel bar for a light snack. The menu was a little sketchy for appetizers so we settled for ceasar salads. There was even a live band...quite the happening place! I might mention the Seattle Seahawk players were staying at the hotel as well. They were nice eye candy on the elevators!
Next morning we headed to the Bellevue Center for race day registration. Originally I was to run the triathlon as well but since I'm PREGNANT I decided to just be a supporter! But who says I couldn't still get my numbers on my arms and look like a racer!! We went around the expo and gathered our free goodies, registered and received our tanks, were marked with our numbers and then had to drive to the race site at Genesse Park on Lake Washington. Bikes had to be turned in the day before along with your helmet. For those of you that don't know, this race has 5000 women competiting, the largest in the nation!
The ladies are in the house!
The ladies are in the house!We returned to the hotel at 3:30, showered, I snuck a little power nap in, and we were off to meet Jill and Vanessa for dinner and a movie! We had a scrumptious dinner on the deck right on the water. You just gotta love Seattle for that! It was so nice to see my west side sistas! After dinner Jill, Laura and I saw Mamma Mia. It is quite a hoot!
Okay, now it's all business...Laura heads right to bed when the movie is over while Jill and I figure out my driving plan for the morning. Rhonda would be in our car and we would drive to Safeco field, shuttle to race area, and be up by 5:30am. Next, I stopped by the front office and scheduled our wake up calls, followed by a quick stop at the bar to see what fruit I could round up for breakfast.
5:30 came fast! We were up and off, the plan was executed without a flaw. After arriving at Safeco we boarded the bus...we all three went in the athlete line which filled the bus first over the spectators. We then made our way into the transition area, which I might say...the numbers on my arms did come in handy! I really was right in the action and grabbed some great pics! We were said to miss our Tri fusion babe, Jamie as she was racing in a different level and boy was it hard to find people! A little shout out to my Mead girls who raced as well...Mary, Sabrina, June, Melissa,Melva and Amanda...nice work!Next the ladies went to the line up...it was quite the scene of swim caps! Rhonda and Laura were in second heat of the mixed level...originally we had all wanted to be able to start together! The race started at 6:45am and the girls started at 8:05am.

Next the ladies went to the line up...it was quite the scene of swim caps! Rhonda and Laura were in second heat of the mixed level...originally we had all wanted to be able to start together! The race started at 6:45am and the girls started at 8:05am.
This is the girls just before their departure! It was a hard race to be a spectator, lots of purple hats! I missed both of them getting out of water, right around 18 minutes so went to the bike finish to cheer them on there. I had predicted 45 minutes at about 9:10am and Laura passed me at 9:05. I had to yell at her right as she was passing, I almost missed her! Then Rhonda came by not too far after. I snapped a pic and then trekked off for the finish. Lots of walking for miss prego here as well. 13 weeks today...oh and it's a girl~!!
Okay back to the race. I was trying to find a good spot to snap pics and cheer. The place was packed and the running trail was narrow. I spotted Laura and was so thrilled. I had started to get a little emotional as to not missing the girls go by so this was a relief. Rhonda again was not too far behind.
My girls had great times for a new course and a new experience. I'm so proud of them!!
And a fun road trip to boot! Thanks ladies for the great time, laughs and memories. Love ya!
My girls had great times for a new course and a new experience. I'm so proud of them!!
And a fun road trip to boot! Thanks ladies for the great time, laughs and memories. Love ya!
8 comments:
It sounds like our girls did AMAZING! Way to go Laura and Rhonda! And it sounds like you were quite the Danskin sherpa :) I love that you made the trip over to support your friends. That is one of the many reasons I love you Kim :) I am so happy everyone had such a fun time. That race seems intensly huge!
Oh ya, and my favorite part of the post is how you "casually" dropped the prego bomb :) Love you lots and lots!!
Kim-
I LOVE this post and especially the formal blog announcement of you being pregnant!
You have been in my prayers daily for some time now, knowing where your heart was in wanting to be a Momma again!
I asked Jessi recently if there was any news and she told me that you were doing great...and pregnent and doing well! I couldn't stop smiling!
So know that both you and the baby (and your family) will continue to be in my prayers!!
Thanks too for your recent comments on my blog!
You rock! :)
God Bless!
Love Linda
Way to go and be supporters to your racin' babes! I know you roped them in before finding out that you were pregnant. I love that you are the kind of person that didn't leave them hangin'.
Very fun trip!!! (and news!!!)
XOXO J
Glad you were still able to head over and support your girls! They are so lucky to have you! Looks like you ladies (including the one in your belly :) had a ton of fun!
xoxo
Kim...
my favorite part of the post is of course...hearing that you're expecting. Congrats! Last week I watched Tom and Joey fish and play on the beach at Loon and thought to myself, "I wonder if they will have anymore kids?" I guess my question is answered!!!!
So happy for you!
Much love, colleen
Congrats, Big!!!
Lil
Hey, congratulations, Kim! I am really happy for you. This will give you a light at the end of the long tunnel of winter...something to look forward to!
Laura
Official Congrats on your pregnancy. We'll be praying for you and for your little one.
Post a Comment