Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


Tom and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on August 4th. My folks watched Joey for the evening and we headed to Twigs! The deck was calling our name as was a martini for Tom and a strawberry lemonade for me!

I surprised Tom with a new wedding band, to replace his $14 Hawaiian special. Now there is a little story here...3 years ago Tom and my brother were heading off to snorkel. My brother took off his ring and put it in his man bag. Tom went to take off his and I was like, "What are you doing? You have swam before with your ring on, you won't lose it!" Well, he proved me wrong. We bought a sterling silver ring to replace it at a little gift shop. Tom has actually really enjoyed it but it was starting to wear a bit. So he now has a new gold one, more simple and thinner than his wedding band but very shiny!

After a wonderful dinner and a free smore' dessert--delicious by the way, we headed home to watch a movie. We rented The Bucket List, with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nickolson. It was a very good movie and we were both really touched at the end. The movie reminded us both of Tom's dad who passed away several years ago as he lost his battle to cancer as well.

The evening progressed into well...sleeping of course!

Another fun part of the day was exchanging emails with thoughts from our wedding day:
From Me-
On this day 7 years ago...
>
> I began the day with a walk in the rain with Jill.
> Had my hair put up by Beth.
> Had my make up done by Alison. ( my make up however was late getting to the church which stressed me out!)
> Had a lil' sandwich with one bite out of it which I heard you gave up for me.
>
> Walked down the aisle...
> Listened to our friend sing a song just for us.
> Spoke vows which made me cry (probably because you looked so handsome)
> Kissed my prince.
>
> Rode in the coolest car ever (this was my favorite part of the entire day!)
> Had more pictures by the park.
> Great food, great friends.
> A fun ending with a pool game...minus some underwear.
>
> And I still love ya babe.
>
> XOXOXO
> Me


From Tom-
I started the day standing in the rain with my brother. I remember telling him that the rain would stop and it was giong to be sunny and beautiful for the wedding and reception. He asked how I knew and I told him I just knew.

I remember hating the photos and loving the ceremony. I remember noticing a Dewalt sawsall tool as we were on our way out.

The car ride was awesome.

I remember how beautiful you were when we were dancing.

I remember cake in my ear.

I remember how happy we were at the bar playing pool.

I love you soo much.

Tom

7 comments:

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kim-
I LOVE this post... the look to the past and present, and the wonderful emails you sent each other about the memories you have of the day you got married!!!

How to keep that love alive!!

God is good all the time!
God Bless! Love Linda

Tiffany said...

SO sweet!!! I love the emails you exchanged, what a cute idea! Please tell me you were at a bar playing pool in your wedding dress!!!!

Happy anniversary you guys!!

xoxo

Trish said...

Happy Anniversary friends! I love that you had such a relaxing celebration :) The emails were so sweet, and it was fun to read what you both remember from that day. I always hear that it is a blur! Cheers to seven more wonderful years...

Love you!

Kim said...

Tiff- absolutely! C I Shenigans to be exact!

jessithompson said...

WOW! I am totally choked up reading these emails... what a wonderful trip down memory lane.

colleen said...

so sweet Kim....thanks for sharing. Happy anniversary!

Jen said...

So sweet Kim!!! Congrats to you and Tom on 7 years!! Absolutely love the letters you wrote to each other.
Loves!