Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Beautiful Poem


One Flaw In Women

Women have strengths that amaze men.

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in.

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer

when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.

They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about

a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they

think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss

can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you

to show how much they care about you.

The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have the compassion and ideas.

They give moral support to their

family and friends.

Women have vital things to say

and everything to give.


HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

To all my dear sistas' and friends...thanks for your friendship and love. Know that I'm here for you all ten fold.

2 comments:

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kim-

Thank you,thank you for the wonderful poem and reminder about the gifts we possess as women. I also loved the picture of women at different ages!

I wanted to email you after reading your post about how you and Joey had both been to the hospital. I had coffee with Jessi soon after that and asked how you were doing. Not easy at all!! I am SO sorry that you had to go through that.

YOU are one of those strong, giving women who carries a great load on your shoulders and who gives generously to her friends.

Thank you for the wonderful friend you have been to my special daughter!

I hope today that YOU know your own worth. You are an amazing woman!

You've been in my thoughts and prayers!

God Bless! Love Linda (Jessi's Momma)

jessithompson said...

I love you to pieces, sis. Thanks for your message today. Long day tomorrow... we'll be needing those speedy thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs to you - thanks for sharing this special poem. XOXO