Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Joey's 1st Triathlon!



Coming to the finish line!

On Sunday, June 21st Joey did his first triathlon at Whitworth, sponsored by Tri Fusion Kids' Club! He did a swim followed by a bike ride and finished up with a run. He loved it and is ready for his next race!

Joey signed up with friend Sydney Sicilia! They did the swim together! Here they are setting up their transition station. Here he is getting ready for the first event, the swim...


In his first transition Joey asked me, "Mom, do you want me to win this thing?" Too cute!

Joey takes third place! Yippee! Great job buddy!You'll never guess who also wanted to get on a bike and ride...

4 comments:

Jen said...

"Mom, do you want me to win this thing?" OH MY GOSH!!! That is the funniest quote from Joe yet! :)

Way to go, Joe! You're awesome!

Tiffany said...

Like Jen, I'm dying of laughter at Joey's question to you. Freaking hilarious! And I can just hear him saying it completely seriously! Love it!

jessithompson said...

Sooooo funny... love his transition quote. So glad you guys came out to do it - lots of fun! XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Kim!
What a fun experience for Joey. I LOVE your pictures! He is such a handsome young boy...love that smile! And what a cute picture of Katie.

I hope you all have a great summer!

You are a super Mama!
God Bless!
Love Linda