Thursday, September 18, 2008

Poor Daddy!


Tom was taken to the hospital Tuesday night by my father. I was stretching and working away at Prego Pilates unaware of what exactly was going on.

I dropped off Joey with Tom at 4:50pm at the Wandermere golf course. Tom was finishing up a golf tourney. Then on the 18th hole his tummy started feeling a little weird. His first thought was "bad choice on the sausage dog for lunch!" He and Joey then went to the grocery store for some pepto before heading to the El Sombrero for the after golf dinner. Once arriving there Tom continued to go down hill until the point that he called my mom and said, "Can you come get Joey so I can home, I'm sick." Then Tom decided he shouldn't be alone so called mom back and told her he would just come on out.

He laid down on the couch once arriving to my folk's place and was now having severe stomach cramps with emphasis of ouch on the right lower abdomen area. My mom thought it might be an appendix issue. My dad got home and pulled up his shirt to reveal his appendix scar and said, "Is this where it hurts?" And Tom of course replied yes, so off to the hospital they went!!

After blood, urine and a scan surgery was scheduled for 7:30am the next morning (Wednesday). I met up with Tom before surgery for a few good luck kisses. He had a rough night of trying to get the pain under control. I really felt for the guy!

My mom came up for the surgery as well and we waited to hear from the doctor. Surgery was just scheduled to last one hour, all laproscopic. Luckily there was a sale going on in one of the gift shops which help the time pass! Report from the surgeon was good and the appendix had not burst during the night.

Joey and my parents came up yesterday afternoon to visit. Joey was very upset when we had to go home, he didn't want to leave his daddy! We had to purchase a special puppy, named "Fluffy" from the gift shop on the way out.

This morning Joey and I picked up Tom and delivered him on home. We made a brief stop for soup and pain meds and now we have him all set up on the couch.

So if you're having severe cramps and they are in the lower right...head to the hospital! Tom received kudos from the doctor for coming right in!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

So happy to hear that Tom's ok! You guys sure do have a lot of adventures in your household! Tom is lucky to have 2 amazing nurses taking care of him at home! :)

The Farrell Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your honey was in so much pain. Thankfully he got in right away! We'll be praying for him.

-Amy

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Kim!
What a blessing that Tom was in Spokane and not out on a fishing boat in Alaska when this happened! Very smart move to get him into the hospital!

He's in our prayers, as are you and Joey!
Love Linda

Jen said...

WOW! Sounds painful!!
I'm glad everything is okay!!

colleen said...

Fun to see you at sacred heart but of course....I was sorry to hear of Tom's appendicitis! Glad surgery went well and that he is on the mend. Give him my best!!!!

jessithompson said...

So sorry to hear that this happened, but glad you caught it early. Loves to you guys!